97b High Street,
(Please note the access to the Practice Reception is via Benyon Street – i.e at the rear of High Street)
Tel. 0161 620 4900 (24 hours)
For training, monitoring and quality of service please note that we may record telephone calls made to and from the practice. For security and safety, discreet Closed-circuit (CCTV) monitoring is in use in our waiting rooms.
If you have a question or comment, please complete the form below and we will get back to you. Please note that if your enquiry is of an urgent nature, we always advise to telephone the practice on our usual number 01616204900 to ensure immediate attention.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
At County’s End Veterinary Practice, we take great care with all the Personal Data we hold, to ensure we comply with best professional practice and with the law. For a full copy of our Data Privacy Notice please ask at our reception
County’s End Veterinary Practice
We are a Data Controller under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation. This Privacy Notice explains what Personal Data the practice holds, why we hold and process it, who we might share it with, and your rights and freedoms under the Law. Types of Personal Data The practice holds personal data in the following categories:
- Pet clinical and health data and pet owner correspondence.
- Staff employment data.
- Contractors’ data.
Why we process Personal Data (what is the “purpose”)
“Process” means we obtain, store, update and archive data.
- Pet health and pet owner correspondence data is held for the purpose of providing pets with appropriate, high quality, safe and effective care and treatment.
- Staff employment data is held in accordance with Employment, Taxation and Pensions law.
- Contractors’ data is held for the purpose of managing their contracts.
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of the UK.
Our Website servers and group companies are located in the UK, but some of our third party service providers and partners operate outside of the UK, such as in Australia and the United States. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
If we do this, we have procedures in place to ensure your personal information receives the same protection as if it were being processed inside the EEA. For example, our contracts with third parties stipulate the standards they must follow at all times.
What is the Lawful Basis for processing Personal Data?
The Law says we must tell you this:
- We hold pet and pet owner data because it is in our Legitimate Interest to do so. Without holding the data we cannot work effectively.
- We hold staff employment data because it is a Legal Obligation for us to do so.
- We hold contractors’ data because it is needed to Fulfil a Contract with us.
Who might we share your data with?
We can only share data if it is done securely and it is necessary to do so.
- Pet health data may be shared with other healthcare professionals who need to be involved in your pet’s care (for example if we refer you to a specialist or if laboratory work needs to be undertaken). Pet health data may also be stored for back-up purposes with our computer software suppliers who may also store it securely.
- Employment data will be shared with government agencies such as HMRC.
Your Rights You have the right to:
- Be informed about the personal data we hold and why we hold it.
- Access a copy of your data that we hold by contacting us directly: we will acknowledge your request and supply a response within one month or sooner.
- Check the information we hold about you is correct and to make corrections if not
- Have your data erased in certain circumstances.
- Transfer your data to someone else if you tell us to do so and it is safe and legal to do so.
- Tell us not to actively process or update your data in certain circumstances.
How long is the Personal Data stored for?
- We will store pet health data for as long as we are providing care, treatment or recalling pets for further care. We will archive (that is, store it without further action) for as long as is required for legal or insurance purposes, or as recommended by trusted experts.
- We must store employment data for six years after an employee has left.
- We must store contractors’ data for seven years after the contract is ended.
What if you are not happy or wish to raise a concern about our data processing?
You can complain in the first instance to our Data Protection Officer, who is Ian Wolstenholme, Practice Manager and we will do our best to resolve the matter. If this fails, you can complain to the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or by calling 0303 123 1113.
County’s End Veterinary Practice is part of Medivet Group Limited